Saturday, November 13, 2010

Fall inspired Mani & Pedi!


























OC Nail Art.com is hosting a Konad Fall pedicure contest through their Facebook page until November 30th and I was anxious to try this one out! The winner will receive a NEW Konad French Premium Kit ($79 value)! What an awesome prize.

For my entry I thought about what 'Fall' meant to me, and how it could best be translated to my nails using the Konad supplies I own. I wanted to stay away from greens/red/yellow's because although leaves and trees came to mind instantly I imagined lots of entries would be based around these colors. After thinking about it I came up with a simple idea that involved two shades of brown and victorian/bow print. I grew up in New Hampshire so the nail design I decided on remind me of wearing sweaters on cool Fall days.

Check out the cut to see details on my Pedicure and matching manicure for my 2010 OC Nail Art Fall Pedicure contest!

KONAD PEDICURE


1. I painted my toenails with two coats of color from Color Club in Positively Posh
2. I stamped every toe but my big toe with the victorian flower image from Plate M71
3. I stamped a bow in the middle of my nail using the Plate M71
4. I stamped ribbon on both sides of the bow (paying attention to where the bow and ribbon design meet) using plate M71
5. For the final step I painted tips onto my toenails using a iridescent dark brown from Color Club

MANICURE
















I wanted to paint my finger nails in a similar patter but did not want to match my toenails exactly. For my nails I simply painted two coats of 'Positively Posh' from Color Club to create the nice rich brown color. In order to coordinate with my pedicure I stamped the ribbon image from plate M71 on the bottoms of my nails. To tie it all together I used the bow image from the same plate to fill out my thumb nail.

I've never been a huge fan of the color brown nail polish but it's beginning to grow on me! This is one of my favorite Konadicures because it's so simple! Until next time ...

No comments:

Post a Comment